Wednesday, September 13, 2006

etsy

Never let it be said that I'm not willing to try something new. I've been spending the last couple of days researching collage in my spare time, but to finance my new obsession (among other things) I need to sell something, so I thought I'd try listing a couple of pieces of art on etsy. More and more artists are singing its praises, so why not? I have some drawings I've never tried to sell plus a couple of small art pieces that haven't sold on my shameless blog, so if you're interested in seeing what's what, hop on over. (And if you're an etsy vendor who knows how it all works -- drop me a line or a comment!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most impressive. I do like that rather fetching black-and-white 'profile' photo on the site, but it doesn't seem to be for sale :-)

13/9/06 11:10 p.m.  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Congratulations! I see you already sold your first piece on Etsy! Your shop there looks really nice. You've inspired me to consider doing the same. I see you've also got a cafe press shop. Has that been successful?

13/9/06 11:33 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andrea, Best wishes with etsy ! It's fabulous ! :)

14/9/06 7:54 a.m.  
Blogger joyce said...

I've seen this "etsy" on other sites, and thought it was a clever home made name. I like it!

14/9/06 1:43 p.m.  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Very good idea! They only charge 10 cents per listing and the listing is good for 6 months! I helped a local Topanga artisan set up an etsy shop and I found that the more words you use in your listing the better possibility that people might link on from certain keywords like when you post on Ebay, same idea every key word you use can attract a buyer, ie use the colours in your description,what is in the picture ie trees, ocean etc.Also style name, techniques etc. Certain words can trigger a buyer that is looking for a blue tree or whatever. I hope it is fruitful!!!

15/9/06 5:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home