Thursday, July 27, 2006

toys in the attic

I've been so pedantic lately that I'm way overdue for a little fun, courtesy of the web browser of Rudy. And what's more fun than toys? You may think your kid (or you) has every stuffed bird or beast under the sun, but I bet he doesn't have a stuffed microbe! The descriptions are what kill me:

GIANT Microbes Plush Doll - Maladies Microbe Giardia (Giardia lamblia)

If you go down to the woods today, you're in for a big surprise -- if you drink contaminated water. Learn how to keep today from being the day you get Giardia.

What? You already have the stuffed Propionibacterium acnes, better know as a pimple? ("Give our little fellow a big squeeze, and you're sure to feel better!") If you don't think it can get any more disgusting than that, then you haven't met these siblings.

But ... if you happen to be Jewish and it's Passover, then you're the luckiest kid of all. Think of all the hours of fun you'll have with your Plagues Bag. It includes all 10 plagues! These are especially beloved because you'll now have a better chance of besting Emily McWasp and her decidedly un-kosher fluffy friends.

Sweet dreams.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those toys are hilarious!
Thanks for being less pedantic and more fun.

27/7/06 1:12 p.m.  
Blogger CeCe said...

Oh gross. I was eating when I read this.

27/7/06 1:22 p.m.  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

What a hoot!

Ever since I saw David Suzuki's show on all of the microbes that we carry around, ingest and spread I can't touch escalator handrails or elevator buttons. bleh!

I need these toys (as long as they are machine washable!) to make sure that all of my kids are just as insanely paranoid....

yours truly,
the boy in the bubble

27/7/06 10:15 p.m.  
Blogger tlchang said...

Unbelievable! What *can't* they make a plush toy of....? It boggles the mind....

27/7/06 10:49 p.m.  
Blogger kyknoord said...

These are very South Park in character. I suppose the only reason there isn't a plush version of Mr Hanky is because of the possible copyright infringement issue.

28/7/06 12:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are utterly brill! The only plush toys I'd ever allow in my house! LOL!

28/7/06 6:15 a.m.  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Even I, not known for my love of anything more cuddly than my cat, find these fun. x

28/7/06 11:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe, I actually almost bought one of these plushies! They were for sale up town once. So adorable in an of beat way.

29/7/06 4:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home