Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the joy of feedback

The comments on my last post were so good that I almost created a post of them alone so that they would get optimum exposure, but have decided to compromise. For full effects go here. By the way, I tracked down the original post that generated my philosophizing -- and therefore all the great feedback. It's here at Grow Wings.

Another recent comment, this time on the name of this blog, reminded me to post this photo of a pair of silver earrings a friend gave me years ago. One day last year, while putting them on, I realized that the pint-sized multi-layered philosophy expressed in those four words was exactly right for the title of this blog ... and promptly re-named it. (Forgive whoever made them for not knowing how to spell 'colour.' :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan Schwake said...

ah you say tomaaato and i say tomahto, you say potaato and i say potahto,
you spell the english way and i spell the usa way... let's not call the whole thing off! tee hee.
love these earrings andrea, i NEED a pair.

26/7/06 5:12 p.m.  
Blogger tlchang said...

Ok Andrea - some applicable art/illustration quotes are posted on my blog for your perusal...

Tara

26/7/06 10:33 p.m.  
Blogger kyknoord said...

I couldn't agree more on the "multi-layered philosophy" part. Levels of meaning are always there to be seen by the keen eye. Incidentally, if you put the two earrings next to one another, the meaning shifts slightly to "Color the outside lines"

26/7/06 10:40 p.m.  
Blogger Cream said...

You have to have a very thin face to get to read that, kyknoord...but I follow your logic!

27/7/06 1:59 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Ornamentea: You're forgiven. :) As for the role of critics I think that their opinion has been of real importance because people love being told what to think by experts, especially if it's in print. Unfortunately the 'experts' might be Hollywood celebs and the print might be some slapdash fansite these days, which is scary -- so I won't think about it. :o

Susan: Aha! You spell it the American way; I spell it the way the rest of the English-speaking world spells it. I'm not English after all.

Thanks, Tara. The quotes are great!

Kyknoord -- or can I call you Keen Eye. If I re-arrange the letters in your name it almost works! :) As for me I outside lines the color.

Cream: Kyknoord is nothing if not long-faced these days...

27/7/06 8:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home