Thursday, December 01, 2005

surprising art

There is so much going on outside the realm of mainstream art and design that it's easy to get overwhelmed by one exploratory surfing session. So I don't. But then I get a few interesting links from Rudy and find myself hooked again.

The first example is wooden kinetic sculpture by an artist named David C. Roy. His work is visually attractive, but it's the addition of movement that sets it apart.

I love this next artist's creations, but then I always was a sucker for fish-as-art. These are both beautiful and surprising enough to make me smile. I love how the artist has blurred the line between art and the traditional display of trophy fish -- and his fanastic choice of materials.

Finally, for camera lovers, this LEGO pinhole camera is a hoot. I love the look and feel of cameras, vintage or otherwise, but this is definitely something unique.

3 Comments:

Blogger Calvin said...

I'd buy that lego pinhole camera.The fish as art is very cool. I'm not good at creating thing like that I need to take some classes. :)

1/12/05 7:35 p.m.  
Blogger kyknoord said...

I want Rudy's job.

1/12/05 11:28 p.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

have you ever made a pinhole camera using a drinks can? It works really well... very wide angle...

3/12/05 4:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home