Tuesday, September 29, 2009

hill country life


This is the final painting in the Texas Hill Country trio. They are each 25.25" x 37.25" in acrylic on 300gsm Arches Cover cut to 30" x 40". These are the preliminary sketches and here's a slideshow where you can watch this final painting come to life. It was a fun challenge to create these specifically for a designer's site specifications (size, colour palette, imagery), yet based on earlier work of mine. Freedom with guidelines. Or, as Robert Genn likes to say, "I play better tennis because there's a court."

8 Comments:

Blogger nadine said...

I LOVE the slideshow! It's like watching magic!

29/9/09 5:40 p.m.  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Interesting to watch it morph, especially the color changes. I like the desert-y color sin the final painting.

29/9/09 6:33 p.m.  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

I meant finished painting - I know it's all the same one.

29/9/09 6:33 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Yes, thank you for posting the slide show. I love watching how to do the underpainting. It rather boggles my mind.

29/9/09 7:21 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

I got the slideshow idea from posting the progression on Facebook. It's cool to see each stage melting into the next, isn't it?

30/9/09 8:25 a.m.  
Blogger Barbara said...

It's really wonderful, Andrea!

30/9/09 8:25 a.m.  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

I love the butterflies! Especially that big, bold monarch!

1/10/09 2:17 p.m.  
Blogger Tracey said...

Thanks so much for the slideshow, too cool to see how it all starts out! I love the rich colors you achieve & how your paintings lead the viewer all around and back again.

2/10/09 11:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home