Sunday, September 27, 2009

art without the artist

Remember the '60s notion of the two-hour workday and the mechanization of all mundane tasks? As an art-making hausfrau, I'm liking the idea of doing the vacuuming while making art at home ... when I'm actually down at the local Starbucks with my latte and Sudoku!




Or maybe I could get the local paintball addicts to do it for me?



And if you think a bunch of guys with paintball guns re-creating Warhol's Marilyn is a good use of technology, how about paintball without the testosterone-pumped camo boys, recreating the Mona Lisa in 80 milliseconds? Now that's a little more Jetsons!

P.S. Thanks for the links, Rudy. I needed a fix.

3 Comments:

Blogger dinahmow said...

Our local paintball entrepeneur lives in the next street. With dogs. I could send them all your way...

28/9/09 12:28 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

1,100 paint guns!! Yikes....Rosie must feel obsolete.
Interesting post.

28/9/09 11:58 a.m.  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

Ha ha. Clearly, the robots aren't quite ready to take over the art world.

29/9/09 6:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home