Friday, April 24, 2009

theatre/theater



I'm taking a quick recess from my self-imposed blog exile to contribute something to this week's Illustration Friday. Two nights ago #2 son (the one in the middle) was second lead (Johnny) in his school's production of The Outsiders, so I thought it would be fun to take one of my photos and doctor it into a poster-type illustration for the play. The un-shopped photo is to the right. Below are two more photos, one that I desaturated and played with a bit and one in its original, unaltered form. I used Greg's Canon PowerShot for these, giving my precious Nikon D70 a day off.




9 Comments:

Blogger Ponita in Real Life said...

Ah, school theatre... Your son and WW's are both stars in the making...

24/4/09 10:57 a.m.  
Blogger Laure Ferlita said...

Really like what you've done with the top image! As I recall, there was always far more drama off stage than on in high school. Hope your son had enjoyed it!

24/4/09 11:30 a.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

Excellent poster!

Looks like he played his part well.

25/4/09 2:47 p.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Neat!

25/4/09 5:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great images.

25/4/09 7:18 p.m.  
Blogger tlchang said...

It's so fun that your son is doing the drama thing. And they should have had you do their poster for real! :-)

26/4/09 8:30 p.m.  
Blogger Ian Lidster said...

Beautifully crafted poster. But, I would expect nothing less from you.

27/4/09 10:37 a.m.  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

very awesome! loved the book, the movie and i probably would have loved this version too :)

30/4/09 5:23 p.m.  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I actually miss the High School plays..I loved doing them and so did my kids.

Last night I went to see #1 Son's short film festival at the Uni..they were awesome..incredibly funny.
Over half of them were ZOMBIE movies!!

It was a great way to get the feel for this generation...they toss out all of these cultural web references and everybody is in on it...thank goodness I waste so much time out here or I wouldn't have a clue.

30/4/09 10:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home