Tuesday, June 13, 2006

elite geek products

I've been 'spring cleaning'. My obsession with my large paintings has caused so many other things to slide at this very busy time of year (end of school, end of Aussie Rules season and all the celebrations and field trips and games and performances that it all entails) that it finally got the better of me on the weekend. Today was the annual window-washing, which means I'm almost done. Does it get any better than this? (Don't answer.)

To make up for the lack of grey matter function that all this activity requires I'll let Rudy take over with a selection of elite geek products. I particularly like the ones illustrated here: designer band-aids. But wait! Here's Rudy with more:

Yoda backpack:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gadgets/yoda-backpack-179185.php
Batcave home theatre:
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/batcave-home-theatre-179170.php
A monkeyhead from, um, the Sharper Image catalogue?
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview/sku__WW258
Funky Band-Aids (actually this site is a veritable cornucopia of weirdness)
http://mcphee.com/categories/bandages.html
Flying carpets for sale:
http://www.thecoolhunter.net/lifestyle/FLYING-CARPET/

9 Comments:

Blogger kyknoord said...

Talk about false advertising. That stupid carpet doesn't actually fly! Hmm. Maybe if they added a few jet engines...

13/6/06 10:35 p.m.  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

I don't want a flying carpet, I want an invisibilty cloak.

14/6/06 12:48 a.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

I like the carpet - but I want an all-weather version that I can put out on my patio...

14/6/06 6:03 a.m.  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

I LOVE those funky Band-Aids! heh heh...:)))))

14/6/06 7:43 a.m.  
Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

Just in time for Father's Day, you are. Those were great.

14/6/06 10:23 a.m.  
Blogger Bibi said...

... the monkey head was featured on David Letterman as one of the number favorite gifts for men. Not sure what that says, LOL... ~v

14/6/06 10:58 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deep breath, deep breath...keep moving it will all be over with soon. Heehee, love the bandages. My kids would ADORE those.
a.
P.S Thanks again for the encouragment. Your the best.

14/6/06 1:27 p.m.  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Such coolness -- I got a little excited by the prospect of a "flying carpet" and it wasn't quite what I expected but cool nevertheless. And that loft apartment with the red refrigerator! Also love the bandaids. They make great stocking stuffers. I've purchased the bacon bandaids as gifts, they make you want to wear them even when you don't have a boo-boo. I also discovered "gummy bacon candy" lately (strawberry flavored, but very bacony looking!)

16/6/06 7:54 a.m.  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

I'm going to try and get some of those plasters ( what we call band-aids) and sneak them into Jack's sports medical kit when he travels to Australia in a couple of weeks. He's got fed up of the Barbie and Mickey Mouse ones that I used to buy when he was younger.

You inspire and delight as usual x

17/6/06 2:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home