Saturday, May 27, 2006

the secret mail fairy strikes again

Once upon a time in a parallel universe called the blogosphere, some kind soul had the idea of sending out individualised 'care packages' to other like-minded individuals. Was that secret mail fairy the first person to have this idea or had the magic wand of another brought her to this special place? It doesn't matter, really, as the magic was contagious, infecting the recipient with joy, gratitude and a desire to not break the magic spell.

As you can see, Tara Chang not only produces a beautiful illustration, but also packs a mean care package. I was almost hesitant to unwrap each of these little treasures. As you can see, though, it was worth it, and a total feast for the senses. The smell of lavender from her garden was the first thing to hit me, followed by the visuals (her card and homemade notepads are beautiful things), and then -- the taste buds! The Seattle-specific biscotti, small chocolates, smoked salmon and coffee are wonderful, but it was the taste of Maya Gold chocolate by Green & Black's that made me into such a convert that I emailed the company to ask for a list of local retailers. Like a crystal meth user the addiction was instantaneous!

Thank you, Tara, from the bottom of my heart, and now -- will you run the extra miles that are now needed for me to burn this stuff off? :)

PS Is there such thing as a chocolate blog?

10 Comments:

Blogger Calvin said...

Very cool! I never get sent anything although Jkirlin sent me a very cool picture of a little red head kid and autgraphed it for me. :)

27/5/06 9:29 a.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

That looks like a wonderful package to have opened. And yes when eating chocolate Green & Black's is an excellent choice - are we spoilt in that we have it in all our supermarkets?

I can almost smell the lavender too!

27/5/06 11:51 a.m.  
Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

There is not anything quite like a package like that...packages within a package. Very thoughtful indeed.

27/5/06 11:53 a.m.  
Blogger tlchang said...

Oh! A chocolate blog! I'm sure there must be! (although that might be an altogether too dangerous arena to engage in!)

You are so completely welcome - the packages were very fun to do - however the running must be your own. :-)

SSMF - onward!
(except, as it has been pointed out - these aren't particularly 'secret' -maybe "Surprise" fairies would be more descriptive?)

27/5/06 12:56 p.m.  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Now there is a blog I would check in on everyday A CHOCOLATE blog!!

If you find a swap let me know I'll do it!!

28/5/06 12:51 p.m.  
Blogger Catalina said...

Chocolate?!!!!! My "peché mignon"

29/5/06 1:00 a.m.  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

As you know, I love fairies of all sorts! ;-)

A chocolate blog must exist. But, if it doesn't, why not start one? I'll be there like a shot.

29/5/06 6:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, isn't that really nice ! :) Yea for you !

29/5/06 8:45 a.m.  
Blogger Nabeel said...

awwwwwwwwwww the heards .. and all of it was soo nicely packed .. what do the notes say on the hearts?

29/5/06 5:52 p.m.  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

You lucky girl. That parcel looks fabulous.

31/5/06 2:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home