Tuesday, December 20, 2005

safety gear for small animals

Bill Burns is a guy who colours outside the lines, if his exhibition, taking place in the Vancouver suburb of Coquitlam, is any indication. Reading this article, I enjoyed his unique approach to conceptual art, but when I read the following line about his teeny-tiny safety gear on display, I knew there were many more layers to this than meets the eye:

"One of our proudest achievements is our prosthetics program,” Burns says. “In the wild, good looks are important. Missing claws or teeth can undermine an animal’s reproductive capacity."

Apparently his girlfriend is worried that he's going to end up in a prison camp in Cuba every time he crosses the Canada/US border.

And in the world of the world of computer art, Rudy brings us art inscribed on computer chips, art created from a computer game, and the big time: computer animation at the MoMA.

(Clearly I'm not doing so well with my hyperlink addiction. I'm still looking for a good 12-step program.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Keep up the links Andrea - connectivity is what the web is all about!

Bill Burns sounds like he has a good sense of humour.

21/12/05 10:16 a.m.  
Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

I just googled "hyperlink addiction" 12-step program. Sorry, no luck.

21/12/05 9:28 p.m.  
Blogger kyknoord said...

I do know of a 12-step programme: take 12 steps away from your computer. Of course, I'm not seriously suggesting that you do so, because I don't know of any programmes that are available to cure the rest of us of our Andrea addiction.

22/12/05 10:41 a.m.  
Blogger The Unknown said...

WOW! That is so cool! The little saftey gear!
Now I'm no geek, I can barely work the PC I'm on, so why is hyperlinking bad? I love hyperlinks.
love

22/12/05 1:29 p.m.  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

You've been quiet these past few days - shopping until you drop?

If I don't 'see' you in the next few days, have a great Christmas!

23/12/05 3:03 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

I'm back! Though still embroiled in the Christmas gift we got a couple of days ago when our ISP shut us down due to a happily frolicking Trojan horse in our system. We have had to re-format and I have lost everything in my email files: address book, everything. Oh well. "At least I have my health" :) ($^!?$#@)

23/12/05 12:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home