Tuesday, December 20, 2005

blogs I have loved -- today, anyway



I thrive on variety. Though I have consistently favourite blogs, I tend to pick up new ones and abandon old ones regularly and at random. This morning, three of them have made me sit up and take notice. One of them I have read on and off for a few months because her angle is intelligently objective yet highly personalised, often extremely acerbic, and never sinks to the sentimental (like some of us sad sacks). I like what she says about music and art and its critics today.

I discovered a political blog recently, writen by an American who has moved to Canada. It's interesting to see her perspective from this end of the telescope, especially as it's so different from the American party line. And like all good Davids, I find it satisfying to see Goliath get a poke in the eye now and then (I'm speaking politics here, not my American friends).

Finally, this one makes me laugh out loud every time I visit, and unlike Zulieka's one-sided ego-driven exhibitionism (which is part of her charm, of course), The Unknown's blog is highly interactive. His art is as direct, quirky and hilarious as he is.

9 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Love those fish bones!

Out of the blogs you mention the only one I frequent is the Unknown's and the others look too wordy for me... I'm not in a word mood, maybe later...

20/12/05 10:13 a.m.  
Blogger laura k said...

Thanks for the link, Andrea! I love your logo.

Wordy, yes. I'm a writer. Words are what we do. :)

20/12/05 11:34 a.m.  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

I haven't checked your links but ought to. One of the best ways of finding new good links is via the blogs one frequents.

20/12/05 3:52 p.m.  
Blogger The Unknown said...

Gee!? (blush) Well, I would blush but I have no face. Thanks Love!
love

20/12/05 4:19 p.m.  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

i must say i am a huge fan of the unknown! i will even go so far to say i love him!

20/12/05 5:24 p.m.  
Blogger kyknoord said...

Thanks for the links, Andrea. They allow us to step into your mind just a little bit :)

20/12/05 11:02 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Val: spread the love. I love him, too, even if he has no face. But I *respect* the others. :)

Kyknoord: You're scaring me. Am I scaring you?

21/12/05 8:25 a.m.  
Blogger kyknoord said...

Scared? Me? Well, maybe just a little.

22/12/05 10:43 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

lovely painting!! Love the posting above too!! CUTE! Happy holiday!

22/12/05 11:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home