Sunday, October 02, 2005

sunday lesson

I was locking the inmates down for the night last night and gave Carl, who's 12, a big hug (we run a very progressive penitentiary here). Adam, 11, was listening in the next cell.



#1 son: Ow. I think you broke a rib.
me: That's okay. I'm sure Adam will give you one of his.
#2 son: I don't get it.
me: Christians and Jews believe that after God made Adam, he took one of his ribs to make Eve.
#1 son: I thought Christians didn't believe in cloning.

The material for comedy alone makes having kids worthwhile.


4 Comments:

Blogger andy said...

:-)

2/10/05 8:43 a.m.  
Blogger Charles said...

That kid is very smart for his age, to recognize the 'rib' thing as cloning. :)

2/10/05 12:41 p.m.  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

Funny story. You have clever kids...:o) By the way I love your art and will come back. Bye

2/10/05 3:44 p.m.  
Blogger WCTs said...

Wonderful guys.....your own comedy corner!

If they blog, check out The Twinkie. She has a cute blog...I think she is 10--her mom's blog is good too.

http://twinkiespeaks.blogspot.com/

=^..^=

2/10/05 6:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home