Saturday, October 01, 2005

new camera



I have a new camera! It's a midrange "budget" model (Fuji FinePix S3100), for reasons of .... budget! But it has enough bells and whistles to keep me happy for awhile. When I saw it advertised on sale with a bonus memory card I knew it was time to finally bite the bullet.

I started looking at Fuji models because of a fantastic photoblog I love to visit. Research revealed that the reviews on this model were consistently good, but this one was the clincher for me:

I bought this budget 6x optical zoom 4 MP camera because of its good reviews, especially a review in a local PC mag that reviewed 47 digicams in November and rated this camera the best value for money they had ever seen in spite of its limitations.

Stay tuned for more results.

3 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

Fuin getting a new toy, isn't it? This photo is intriuging; it looks like something from outer space. Is it an ornament of some sort? I'm going to kick myself if it's something ordinary and I just couldn't see it...

1/10/05 6:02 p.m.  
Blogger vfm4 said...

i couldn't see what it is either, except that is smooth as a mirror..

and of course you know it's not the camera but the person who clicks.. :)

yesterday i decided to make photos with my old old yashica-a twin eye.. *sigh*
that was easier said than done.. after i shot a film i was really happy with my 3 y/o sony cybershot. :)

2/10/05 3:19 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

No kicking allowed! It is a glass ornament, sitting on the arm of a sofa. Very pedestrian, but enigmatic, too, isn't it?

2/10/05 8:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home