Wednesday, March 31, 2010

sea change


There's been a new series germinating in my brain since last summer and though I haven't yet reached any firm conclusions, yesterday I did make some decisions. Today was like sealing the deal; after spending over three hours at the Federation Gallery jurying three different shows I knew I was doing the right thing. Shoot me for saying it so plainly, but there's an awful lot of junk out there and I'm terrified of adding more to the pile.

Whenever I make a decision like this I shift into purge mode. I have some work I need to finish for two of my dealers but after that I'm jumping in with both feet and don't want to feel bogged down by stuff hanging around my studio, so I sense another garage sale coming on. More on the Great Unloading Of Small Artwork (including the drawing above) soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger p said...

good stuff!! and i agree, there sure is a lot of junk out there.
glad you are pushing through and working. see. you CAN be on facebook and live.

31/3/10 4:49 p.m.  
Blogger Ellen said...

oooo, purging artwork, one of my favourite things, it gives you all that mental clarity. (I know I've been overusing that word, it's so fitting though). I want to hear all about your choices and direction tomorrow, have anything to do with the links we've been passing back and forth and what we've been talking about?

31/3/10 5:56 p.m.  
Blogger dinahmow said...

Curioser and curioser.

signed:Alice.

31/3/10 6:10 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Paula: It just made me appreciate the cool stuff my interwebs artist friends produce even more. (And who says I'm living? I spent 3 hours of my day behind the wheel today. Ugh.)

Ellen: You know me -- all about the clarity. And yes!

Di: And Di puzzled and puzzled 'til her puzzler was sore. Signed: The Grinch.

31/3/10 7:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home