Wednesday, March 03, 2010

more art and photography

I'm painting again and taking lots of photos so the creative juices are coming unstuck (and the metaphors they are a-mixin'). Yesterday I took the following photos of my son (the redhead) and his bandmates in the little graveyard around the corner. I just want a small mention when they make it big ("Photography by Carl's mom").

More art: Joanne Mattera wrote a very interesting blog post about the artist/gallerist relationship.
More photography: Thanks to Kikipotamus I discovered this amazing photo blog.


11 Comments:

Blogger dinahmow said...

Sorry - can't work it out - what word were they spelling, semaphore-style?

3/3/10 7:51 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Y M C A -- backwards!

3/3/10 7:58 p.m.  
Blogger dinahmow said...

D-oh!

3/3/10 10:29 p.m.  
Blogger p said...

thanks for the heads up on jm's blog. i can't go there often but i needed to read that :)

4/3/10 1:57 a.m.  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

Aw, that brings back memories! When I was in university I did photography for a band that looked a fair bit like that. I have no idea what happened to that band since, or how they used my photos, but I wasn't related to one of them. :-)

4/3/10 6:53 a.m.  
Blogger Ellen said...

great photos, grave yards are great backdrops. And I love those Toronto street photos after the Olympic hockey win on the photo blog link. My sister said she got no sleep, the celebrating went on all night.

4/3/10 1:03 p.m.  
Blogger Angela Wales Rockett said...

Awesome shots, Carl's mom! I can totally see them as album cover art.

4/3/10 5:25 p.m.  
Blogger Melody said...

Great photos..... love the last one the best. Nothing like a good nap atop a headstone

5/3/10 7:33 a.m.  
Blogger Tracey said...

great photos Andrea, love the first one! I can almost hear the music ;)

5/3/10 10:44 p.m.  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

you have such a nice blog and the pix really look awesome here ;)

6/3/10 10:59 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Looks like you all had a lot of fun on the photo shoot.

7/3/10 8:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home