Sunday, February 14, 2010

olympic recess



The Olympics have become my full-time job. Considering the negative aspects of its social and economic impact it's a bit of a guilty pleasure, but that doesn't stop me from totally enjoying it. The fact that it's here in Vancouver means I occasionally get to do that face-to-face. (That's good news for my kids because it means I'm away from our only TV more and they have more access to the XBox!) So excuse my negligence if I owe you something.

As for my artwork, nothing much is happening in the studio, hehe, but it's on display in two places during the month of February. I am having a solo show at Small Ritual Coffee Society at 1237 Johnston Road in White Rock and will be there the evening of February 27th, the same night Phil Dickson and his folk and blues band will be there, so please drop by! My Primal Landscapes are being featured. Also, the Federation of Canadian Artists is having a special exhibition called Capturing the Canadian Spirit at the Federation Gallery at 1241 Cartwright Street, Granville Island in Vancouver. My mixed media painting Salmon Spirit is hanging in this show.

Today's events are starting! Later gators.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Congrats, on all 3 fronts, very cool :) The seagull's (or is it a crain?)wings are so cool! I had to put my nose right up to the screen to get a better look ;) Looks like it is 3d and curves perfectly, very cool!

14/2/10 9:50 a.m.  
Blogger Ellen said...

as I've already said the White Rock show looks fabulous. I know the Olympics are wrong in so many ways too but I've got the fevah as well. Sick as a dog today, but still am off to the city today.

14/2/10 10:55 a.m.  
Blogger dinahmow said...

Please read my email again before you leave the house. ;-)

(I might catch some of the Games on tv later.)

14/2/10 11:24 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Tracey: It's a Great Blue Heron and I never really noticed the 3D aspect of the wing before. Thanks for helping me to look at my own work with fresh eyes!

Ellen: Feeling better I hope? Didn't see you down there. Next time..?

Dinah: Took a bunch of photos. Blog post of photos soon.

15/2/10 8:33 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Have fun!

15/2/10 8:54 p.m.  
Blogger Ian Lidster said...

It's too bad your infectious enthusiasm hasn't spread to the hinterland. I am yet to hear anybody make comment about anything other than the luge guy getting killed and the crappy weather at Cypress. "Should have been on Mt. Washington," is the prevailing comment. General feeling is, they're Vancouver's games and nothing to do with us. Unfortunate, really.

18/2/10 4:04 p.m.  
Blogger Tracey said...

I got a chance to go to the gallery over the weekend and really enjoyed seeing you Salmon Spirit painting in real life :) The greens are so rich, very nice :) I had to run through the show as has kids & hubby tapping their toes but spent as much time as I could with my nose in a few choice paintings ;)

25/2/10 1:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home