Tuesday, January 26, 2010

rockett pad 1

Uh-oh ... I've been dropping the blog ball again. With the new year comes not much blogging inspiration (damn you Facebook!) so I'll go with plan B: the work in progress! Blogging a painting's progress takes little effort but results in multiple posts (sweet).

I'm back to using acrylic paint to do a house portrait to commemorate Angela and Wade's 15th anniversary and first house! It's 12" x 12" and I'm painting on linen, primed with clear gesso. I did the underpainting in alizarin crimson mixed with burnt sienna. The light conte drawing has almost been obliterated already by my efforts in painting the handsome Marlowe with a teeny-tiny brush. Stay tuned as there's so much more to come!


10 Comments:

Blogger dinahmow said...

And all the teeny-tiny hatching for the fence! I'm thinking ...maybe nine books will be easy-peasy!

26/1/10 9:09 p.m.  
Blogger p said...

so this isn't done? it got a WOW from me. i love this just as it is!!!! its so cool!

27/1/10 7:56 a.m.  
Blogger Melody said...

Can't wait to see it finished

27/1/10 8:24 a.m.  
Blogger Peyton said...

Ohhhh ... Rockett Pad ... I get it !!!

27/1/10 11:03 a.m.  
Blogger Angela Wales Rockett said...

Rockett Pad! I love it!!! Can't wait to see the portrait when it's done. :)

(btw, it was our 15th anniversary)

27/1/10 4:52 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Thanks, guys, and Angela -- I will correct now!

27/1/10 5:22 p.m.  
Blogger chococatania said...

I love watching your work in progress. I learn so much!

28/1/10 10:19 a.m.  
Blogger Kelly said...

Oh, wow, this will be interesting. I would have thought that a detailed thing in front would be painted last. Shows how little I know!

29/1/10 7:33 p.m.  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

very very wonderful! i love the fence and kitty and it is so cool your process. Really can't wait to see more!

30/1/10 7:27 a.m.  
Blogger Ian Lidster said...

I shall look forward to it since the 'resident' is already in place.

1/2/10 11:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home