Thursday, September 21, 2006

the great fridge blog challenge

As one of the multitudes of Canadians who adore Belinda I was totally intrigued when I read today's voyeur post. I had to join the fun. But, as usual, I forgot to read the instructions and opened my freezer. Ignore it. But isn't it nice and tidy? :)

Take note of the following:

1. Free-run eggs. Soft-hearted son number two cries when a spider gets killed, so when he heard about battery hens while at day camp at the Delta Humane Society this summer he made me promise to never buy mass-produced eggs again.

2. Real butter rather than the stuff that number two son calls 'vegan butter.'

3. A veggie and dip container so huge it crowds out the dozens of litres of milk needed to keep growing boys topped up. I saw it at the Real Canadian Superstore in the summer and just had to have it. (By the way, saying you shop at Superstore in public is like admitting you still watch Survivor. I do neither, of course.)

4. Empty water bottles on the door. We have great tap water (and I tend to think bottled water is a total crock anyway) so we each have a personalised bottle to keep in the fridge. Number one son, always thirsty, mows through all of them on a regular basis, not just his, and always puts them back empty.

5. Number one son got an A for the bubble gum dispenser (on top of the fridge) that he made in woodwork last year.

So there. That was just like parading around in my mismatched, elastic-challenged underwear so I dare you to give it a go. Please. Just head on over to Belinda's for the rules and details.

new at etsy and small art

18 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

I don't DARE open my fridge for public viewing! Did you clean/arrange it first?

Survivor on tonight, btw. ;)

21/9/06 12:54 p.m.  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

HA! Yes, it is all so neat! And I had already posted on flickr asking what was in the "mystery container," so I'm glad you cleared that up! SO much milk. And whole milk, at that!

Also, I am now waiting for the underwear-parading-around post. God, I love me some Canadians.

21/9/06 1:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a feast one could make out of your fridge contents!
And I agree with real butter! No substitute will ever come near it!!!

21/9/06 2:27 p.m.  
Blogger Kim said...

What a neat & clean fridge!! I can only drink whole milk, the others are nasty.

21/9/06 3:09 p.m.  
Blogger CeCe said...

pretty tidy! Wow.

21/9/06 5:31 p.m.  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

I think I'll have to clean and fumigate mine first, plus remove the by-now decayed tomatoes I think are in there...

21/9/06 9:17 p.m.  
Blogger tlchang said...

What a lovely clean and orderly fridge! Mine is suffering from the same neglect as the garden is during the distraction of the *big job*.... Something to look forward to I suppose? :-)

21/9/06 10:38 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love to, but it would be really dull. My fridge is completely empty except for the obligatory half-filled jar of bachelor pickles that I have no recollection of ever buying.

21/9/06 11:31 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Sally: Ask my friends/family. "Pathologically anal" would be their nice way of putting it.

Belinda: You'll be waiting a long time for that one!

Cream: A man after my own heart.

Kim: Actually, it's 2%. Second best.

CeCe: It's big -- I have the space to do it.

WW and Kyk: You're sounding suspiciously like bachelors ... Doh!

Tara: Reward? Only if you
're busy 'disposing of' chocolate at the same time! :)

22/9/06 9:41 a.m.  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

You have given me fridge envy. Just what I needed. :-)

22/9/06 2:16 p.m.  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

I've been meaning to get round to wiping out the bottom for some time. Maybe this is the push I've been needing.

Even your fridge is arty. How do you do it?

22/9/06 3:09 p.m.  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

I was going to ask if you actually cleaned the fridge before taking the picture, but the previous comments have cleared that one up. That's impressive. But then, you don't have the recurring fun of the game I like to call, "I wonder how deep I have to shove my arm in there to find the tartar sauce."

Have a great weekend!
Andrew

22/9/06 5:42 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great idea for a post .. your fridge is soo fulll .. why are there three cans of milk at one time? Dont they expire before u can finish them or u guys drink alot of milk :)

22/9/06 5:47 p.m.  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Your life is like an open fridge!

I had no idea how revealing the contents of your fridge was! Ours is clogged with Birthday Booze so I won't show it until I can make a reasonable dent in the hooch...great idea...I would love to see le fridge du Cream!

22/9/06 8:29 p.m.  
Blogger Jana Bouc said...

Great writing Andrea. I love reading your stories and your funny asides. Seeing the open fridge makes me realize how much I'm turning into single lady with cat--I peeked in my fridge and what do I see? Cat food, milk, cottage cheese, some leftovers and shriveled tomatoes. It's time to go shopping.

22/9/06 11:03 p.m.  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

haha this is fun and very nice & neat! p.s. my secret dream is to be on Survior! Not that I could outlast but a girl can dream...

22/9/06 11:51 p.m.  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Ok - I did it. If it hadn't been for you, the gloop in the bottom of my fridge would soon have been old enough to drive.

23/9/06 1:10 p.m.  
Blogger joyce said...

ooh tempting!
glad to see the 500 litres of milk, makes me feel a little normalish.

23/9/06 4:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home