Tuesday, April 25, 2006

living with art

In spite of my absence, I'm still here and actually have all kinds of things to talk about (cry about, rant about, etc.), but there just aren't enough hours in the day right now. But to prove I still have a pulse, I have a bunch of quirky new art links to share.

This is an exhibition for big kids, too. I really hope to be able to check out this exhibition, as much for its social irreverence as for seeing how Vancouver's most highly-regarded artists collaborate.

I didn't think it was possible to combine my two favourite things (art and chocolate) so this is a delightful revelation.

On the other hand, it might be wiser to separate art from food.

It might be hard to bag enough zzz's at this hotel.

This is art I could definitely live with. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. (Seriously, I find these radiators to be things of real beauty.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

I'm here Andrea. I don't really have anyhting to say, but I didn't want you to get skunked on this one...it's not good for the self-image.
I love what you do.

26/4/06 11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

That climbing wall looks like one of my nightmares - literally! I don't know why I dream about odd bits of bathroom stuff in strange places but this is sure to bring on another one... I mean how am I meant to use a loo in a position like that?

And I'm hurt that I didn't get a chocolate-art link too! Though maybe not given what you said about the second...

26/4/06 11:27 a.m.  
Blogger Cream said...

Toilets on the wall! Are they worried S--t might hit the fan:)

26/4/06 12:29 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Brian: Thank you! I was getting a might worried there!

Caroline: The thing is, guys can get away with it (just ask the Chitster!). With us, gravity is a much bigger factor in the whole physics-of-the-loo thing.

Cream: Har de har. Maybe it'll hit the radiator instead (final link) so it can still be called art.

26/4/06 6:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way the wall actually gives me the feeling of wanting to climb it ! :) Fabulous !

27/4/06 8:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home