Thursday, April 20, 2006

illustration for kids

I got notification of this new concept/website from a newsletter in my inbox today. Anette writes:

It can be lonely to work as an illustrator, so it is important to have a network of other people in the same situation. "Illustration for Kids"
is a group of 7 illustrators working with illustrations for children. We share the same passion, but each of us have our own unique style. Take a look at our fresh website!

It's like an illustrators' support group with marketing potential. Maybe there's even a 12-step program in the works:

Step 1: We admitted we were powerless over doodling; that our lives had become unmanageable.

Step 2: Came to believe that a market greater than ourselves could restore us to solvency.

You get the idea. I love it.

9 Comments:

Blogger tlchang said...

That is great! It's like a critique group - supersized. What a fun idea.

Hey Andrea - I'm finding I end up wandering over to your blog pretty much every day now. Do you mind if I link to it?

20/4/06 11:16 p.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

Do you want to set up something similar?

maybe more small workers?

21/4/06 3:40 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

tlc: you'd fit in nicely with that group. You should see if they want an 8th!

Caroline: I thought about setting something similar up, but I have so many balls in the air right now that I'd just end up dropping one. Would love to join one, though!

21/4/06 7:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute illustration ! :) I will definately take a peek at the website.

21/4/06 9:02 a.m.  
Blogger albina said...

Te-he-he… 12 steps of illo.
Yes, I am with Caroline, we need Small Werks, Inc. Yet, I understand your ball juggling and two many pies routine… I am there as well… But someday! Soon!
In a meantime I remain yours truly, member of Mutual Admiration Society.

21/4/06 10:52 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think team blogs are a very interesting phenom. They respresent an entire community. Plus it's easier to have fresh content all the time (even if the administrator of the blog goes on vacation).

If anyone is considering putting one together, I created my second blog for childfree women. A tool I use a lot in recruiting is a 2-page document which clarifies the expectations and roles that we play, also the process. I am happy to share it if interested.

Of course our blog is not illustrations, it's content and more copy-driven. In fact, I'd really like to have more artwork on it, but haven't had time to figure out the best way to incorporate images with the very content-focused nature of the team blog.

21/4/06 10:54 a.m.  
Blogger joyce said...

I look forward to seeing more!

25/4/06 6:18 a.m.  
Blogger TheTart said...

Great web site. Thx 4 the link!

Smooch,
The Tart

25/4/06 11:37 a.m.  
Blogger Amy Zaleski said...

What a great site. You're all super talented!

28/4/06 8:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home