Tuesday, August 30, 2005

off and running

Today, after several aborted attempts to borrow studio space to photograph my work (i.e. high-quality raw digital files) for "Art For All Of Us", Marcel and I finally decided to rig his lights up in my basement studio. (He doesn't have a studio per se as he does most of his work on set.) I had a good drool over his beautiful cameras first, then we spent a couple of hours getting things just right and taking bracketed shots of each of eight paintings so the giclee people could choose the exposure they liked best.

Getting images in time for the launch of this company has been a bit of a problem, but I can finally breathe out as all my efforts are either in California or on their way now. The website launch is at the end of the week and they needed excellent-quality images for that first, so I spent several days last week praying to the Gods of high, light cloud cover to provide me with a suitable day to shoot slides outdoors. Finally I got what I wanted and then the race was on to have them developed, sorted and sent via Purolator to make it there by yesterday. This week was the first chance we had to get the high-resolution files for the actual printing process, and now that that's done I can just relax and let them take over.

My expectations for this company are pretty high as their organisation has been impeccable so far, and the benefits to all involved sound tremendous. For example: "Each month, Art For All Of Us will choose six organizations to help....groups like Amnesty International, Doctors Without Borders, Habitat for Humanity, The Sierra Club, and smaller non profits doing interesting and important work. When a piece of art is purchased through artforallofus.com, the customer decides which of the six organizations will receive the ten percent donation. Non profit organizations worldwide can apply to become recipients of Art For All Of Us donations."

I love this part!

Stay tuned for further updates.

3 Comments:

Blogger andy said...

Woohoo! It sounds like an exciting time; I'm really looking forward to seeing their website (but I bet not half as much as you are!)

30/8/05 10:44 p.m.  
Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

May the company live up to each and every one of your expectations.
Good going, Andrea!

30/8/05 10:57 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Thanks, guys. I am now in "fret mode", imagining everything that could go wrong...

31/8/05 1:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home