Sunday, August 14, 2005

math heaven and hell

Being Sunday, I thought I'd post this little gem from number two son. When he was six he had a math drill but, being his mother's son, every moment spent with a writing implement in hand is also a moment to express oneself. So he got the drill over with ASAP, turned the page over and produced this little spiritual declaration.

I'm making progress in the art-on-the-cheap front, especially after the cheapest price I was quoted for direct wide-bed scanning was $450 for seven paintings. Years ago I became friends with a co-worker at a photo lab where we both worked. Marcel went on to become a photographer, mostly of stills for the burgeoning film industry in this town, and we lost touch, but I googled him yesterday and emailed him asking if he'd photograph the seven paintings in question for a small painting, and he agreed.

No progress on the running front, though. It was too hot when I finally got out there so we came back after 15 minutes, me drenched in sweat, Zappa practically tripping on his tongue. Tomorrow. 6 a.m. Now that I've written it I'm committed.

3 Comments:

Blogger kyknoord said...

Love that. You could title it 'metaphysical job satisfaction', because they all look so happy.

15/8/05 12:32 a.m.  
Blogger andy said...

So... were you out there at 6.00am then? It would have been perfect weather for it here: cool (11 degrees), clear and windless. It was lovely for cycling. Bit of a long way to come for a morning run though ;-)

15/8/05 6:47 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Kyknoord: Now that you mention it it never occurred to me that they were all such happy campers. Does that mean that Adam is being politically correct already? If so, I'll just have to beat it out of him.

Andy: OK, I'll admit that I didn't make it by 6:00 but I was out before 7:00. (It occurs to me that blogging my declarations could be a good motivator.)It was already 18 degrees so it's a good thing I didn't wait any longer. Just to punctuate my point about mad dogs and Englishmen (yesterday) I saw an elderly Sikh gentleman already working in his garden at 6:45 this morning. I guess I could take a few pointers from him about what time of day to be outside!

15/8/05 8:21 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home