Tuesday, August 16, 2005

must-have products

Here's a definite must-have item. The trick is to apply the decals to the "throne" like this so you only see them when you lift the lid. I also like the one with kissable lips. But wait! There's more!

Now this one just takes all the fun out of a marshmallow roast. The whole point of the length of stick and the marshmallow is the thrill of the chase: can I keep this baby from catching on fire if I'm just one step ahead of the clever bugger? If it does catch fire can I avoid igniting my better half as I leap up to shake off the flames, thereby sending sparks into his unsuspecting lap? And do I dare eat the charred remains, making me Sheena, queen of the jungle? This is the ultimate test of the age old tale of man vs. nature.

Then there are owners who force their dogs to wear their excrement like the ladies of Park Avenue force their curled and coiffed lapdogs to wear jewel-encrusted collars. Fashion is one heartless task mistress.

7 Comments:

Blogger andy said...

[peers inquiringly over top of half frame glasses...] Now, just lay on this couch, Ms Pratt, and tell me about this, ah, fascination of yours with these, er, *interesting* artefacts...
;-)

16/8/05 11:16 p.m.  
Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

The decorated throne is pretty... almost too pretty for one to do one's business in, if u know what I mean, and therein for me lies the problem.
The mashmallow roaster had me laughing - it has got to be the ultimate in fooling oneself.
Ha ha... Thanks for the links. I enjoyed it!

16/8/05 11:18 p.m.  
Blogger kyknoord said...

The fashion world has been getting people to wear crap for decades, so I suppose the doggy-do doggy accessory was almost inevitable.

17/8/05 2:10 a.m.  
Blogger carla said...

I sure wish I had one of those poopsadaisies yesterday when Miss Heidi had a accident on the walking trail...I was very happy no one saw us, because it was impossible to clean up completely. Yuck! So...what exactly were you searching for when you came across these items that no home should be without?

17/8/05 4:25 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Thanks for the chuckles all. I was actually thinking the poopsadaisies might've been better for Zappa yesterday rather than having the heavily-laden plastic bag knotted to his leash and thumping him rhythmically in the chest while we were on our run...

As for where I get these gems, they come from a friend who understands my sense of the ridiculous as he shares it. He doesn't know I have a blog, though. Should I tell him?

17/8/05 5:10 p.m.  
Blogger carla said...

Andrea -

Thanks for stopping by! To answer your question - yes, having a blog and having free time has inspired me to do more artwork. I am dreading the beginning of school because it's always so, so much work and I'd prefer to have more time for "me" stuff. Sigh...anyway, I am going to make a point of clearing some more time for these things. You teach, yes?

Carla

20/8/05 9:54 a.m.  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

That is so fun!

29/8/05 4:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home