Thursday, October 29, 2009

balls

I'm ashamed to admit that this blog has become far more about pictures than words. It's my answer to keeping it going when I have too many balls in the air and need to prioritize. I suspect that, once I get back to serious painting, I will become nauseatingly chatty again.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I have been working myself into a knot over painting these glass tree ornaments to donate to a fundraiser. After a frustrating day yesterday I managed to drop and smash the only one that was actually holiday-themed. It sucked, though, and breaking it didn't improve it any, so I did a second dragonfly ornament today (using Christmas colours at least). It's raining out; can you tell?

Next project: my website. It's in seriously overdue need of an overhaul and I have ideas (gasp). I suspect it'll take me about a week to get it where I want it. Meantime, check out the great, protective packaging my 2010 Celtic Tree Calendar came in. Coco liked it, too. The actual calendar is really pretty great, so if I can entice you to do a little Christmas shopping while being inspired by these tree ornaments then please do. :)





And if that gets you thinking about the upcoming holiday season, then check this out, too. I don't advertise my little Cafepress shop so I only make enough money to cash in on the occasional t-shirt, but about once a year I update the products and have always been satisfied with the quality.

That's the end of this "public service announcement". It's earned me enough guilt to keep me going for about six months now. I can't imagine a life where I'd have to actually sell stuff and not starve. (On that note, I should probably re-title this post "No Balls".)

12 Comments:

Blogger dinahmow said...

The juggling amputee? Kudos to you, Andrea. I'm so slack I haven't done anything about cards, etc. Of course, in January I am full of ideas and intentions...

29/10/09 3:40 p.m.  
Blogger Ian Lidster said...

Nice balls. Hmm, did that come out OK? You know what I mean. Beautiful work as always.

29/10/09 3:43 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Dinah: Cards? What cards are we talking about? (If it's Christmas cards then don't flatter me -- I haven't sent any since the early '90s!) These ornaments are fundraisers for the Children's Centre in Invermere. I hope they auction well!

Ian: I actually removed several tasteless references to balls so thanks for indulging me! :)

29/10/09 3:44 p.m.  
Blogger secret agent woman said...

You just chose that title hoping for some google hits, didn't you? :)

Busy is good, though, so post all thepictures you want.

30/10/09 8:19 a.m.  
Blogger Hayden said...

bee-you-ti-ful. dragonflies are always in season, christmas or not.

30/10/09 9:02 a.m.  
Blogger Ellen said...

I love my calendar, looking forward to 2010 to hang it and start a new year. I imagine your sick of balls in that house. Sorry, also indulging you.

30/10/09 11:25 a.m.  
Blogger Carol said...

Absolutely gorgeous balls, like all your work. I've just caught up on several posts, love your paintings.

30/10/09 9:31 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

SAW: Ooo -- more hits! Bonus side effect!

Hayden: I've been doing them a lot lately. What can it mean I wonder?

Ellen: Balls and blood. And boys.

Carol: Thanks -- hope you had a nice holiday!

31/10/09 9:17 a.m.  
Blogger EmPrint said...

You think too many pictures and not enough chat? Remember, a picture's worth a thousand words. I'd much rather look at pictures and I love yours.

1/11/09 7:52 a.m.  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Oh Balls! Yes glass and clay have some drawbacks... Great things for the holiday season :) or anytime really, I always say that calendars are the gift that keeps on giving!

1/11/09 1:43 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want one of those - calenders not balls, much too fragile for this male household. I also like the yellow bag in your shop. Can I order directly from you?

2/11/09 3:52 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

EmPrint: That just shut me up! :)

Val: I agree -- I may need to order some for family Christmas gifts just to remind them I'm out here! :)

Laura: Unfortunately no, but Cafepress is very good/prompt with shipping. This is all a fun online project for me. I don't get to see the products unless I buy them myself and sell them for a whole lot more.

2/11/09 8:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home