Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the great endorphin hunt

After 10 unrelenting days of fog so cold and gloomy that hoar frost is starting to congregate on all the vegetation and buildings I almost felt stoned on endorphins when the sun kept peeking through during Sunday's soccer game. It was all a big tease, though, as it hasn't appeared since. I did get some weird and wonderful photos at that game, though. Here's Magic Bobby, conjuring a goal save.

So when Rudy forwarded the following, it was a welcome relief. Far Side re-enactments had me cackling so much that I was in tears. Thank god -- more of those elusive endorphins!






More entertainment:

5 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

My ex was really into Far Side so he got our copies of the books when we split up - looks like I'm going to have to trawl the charity shops for some so I can dream up a few re-enactments of my own!

22/1/09 12:51 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. I went to a far Side exhibibt at the National Art Gallery in DC - it was cool to see some of his preliminary sketches and rejected caoptions.

22/1/09 3:28 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is to funny.

Love the ambiance of the first photo.

22/1/09 2:06 p.m.  
Blogger nadine said...

The photos are wonderful!!! I think you should set up a little booth at the next game and sell these great images to doting parents and infatuated girlfriends.

24/1/09 7:32 a.m.  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

That soccer shot is amazing!

We only have indoor soccer these days.

25/1/09 8:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home