Thursday, October 23, 2008

the old man still has it



I don't often pay for big ticket concerts (previous concert: $15), but when I heard Neil Young was coming, after having spent all of last spring obsessively re-listening to his music, I knew I had to go. And it was so worth it. Many of his lyrics suddenly seem to apply again and there was a guy in front of me who kept shouting, "Neil! Tell us what to do! We need a real leader!" I particularly love his anthems with the long guitar solos, and he did play 'Cowgirl in the Sand' and 'Cortez the Killer' but I would've loved to have heard 'Like A Hurricane' so searched around on YouTube for a good version (though it's not very recent) to post here.

By the way, there was a guy painting on large canvases at the back of the stage (talk about a dream job!) and I hear he was also doing the same thing in Calgary. Does anyone know who he is and what it's all about?

5 Comments:

Blogger WithinWithout said...

Brilliant, Andrea. Glad you went, glad you enjoyed it, glad it brought those old feelings back.

I wish now I had gone to his concert here, but I felt "Helpless, helpless helpless helpless."

:-)

23/10/08 10:29 a.m.  
Blogger Zig said...

Andrea I can remember exactly where I was when I first heard this! Ah, I suddenly feel 16 again - thank you.

23/10/08 10:55 a.m.  
Blogger Ilva said...

Wish I had been there with you! I'm a bit envious actually...

24/10/08 10:48 a.m.  
Blogger Ilva said...

Wish I had been there with you! I'm a bit envious actually...

24/10/08 10:48 a.m.  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

I love Neil and Hurricane is looped in my soundtrack.

He lived here in Whateverpeg for about a week but we always try to make him one of our own.

26/10/08 10:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home