Saturday, April 12, 2008

benefit print

I've borrowed the idea of putting a charity print in my Etsy shop. I had five ink-jet prints (or 'reproductions' for the politically correct) made on the beautiful paper I love, Hahnemuhle Photo Rag, from the painting I did of Zappa in January. Unfortunately I goofed and had them printed a bit small (7" x 8.25") but have priced them accordingly. $5 from each print goes to Inland Northwest Rescue, run by Mary Ann Lindsay, the patron saint of Australian Shepherds and Border Collies here in the Pacific Northwest. She has been fighting cancer for years now, meanwhile rescuing and finding homes for literally hundreds of needy dogs. One year we saw her work in action when we headed out to Idaho twice to help tame her garden and rebuild the sundeck on her mobile home. She has a real matchmaker's ability to match dogs with people. So, if you know someone who might like a print of an Australian Shepherd and would like to benefit a worthwhile cause, send them over.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela Wales Rockett said...

What a great idea! And, as I said before, beautiful image.

12/4/08 7:00 p.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

Good luck Andrea.

13/4/08 7:21 a.m.  
Blogger Cynthia said...

What a terrific idea! I'm loving my rescued German Shepherd...

14/4/08 9:29 a.m.  
Blogger Rachel Schell said...

that's awesome of you!

19/4/08 9:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home