Wednesday, April 02, 2008

zulu and larry

Holy guacamole, I can't believe I've dropped the blog ball again. Well, maybe if I make two posts today I can redeem myself. I'll get Zulu to help me out. Yesterday I caught her lying in a patch of sunlight on Adam's bedroom floor. I do apologize for the purple carpet. I've been meaning to change it for ... er ... 10 years.
I'm pretty sure she knows what I'm up to when I pull out the camera because, like a well-trained print model, she kept changing position, mugging the whole time.

But before you get to thinking this is just another cat blog, check out this fascinating story about the rise and fall of New York City gallerist Larry Salander.

9 Comments:

Blogger kj said...

andrea the photographer: another artistic achievement. beautiful.

:)

2/4/08 8:27 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't she a beauty, and knowing it...
she goes well with the purple carpet, looks good on it.
Andrea

3/4/08 12:08 a.m.  
Blogger Casdok said...

And such a beautiful model!

3/4/08 1:07 a.m.  
Blogger Ellen said...

Interesting article. Personally I think a Rembrandt should be worth more than a Jeff Koons, but then these insanely high figures just reminds me it's all a game rich people play.

Like the purple glow on Zulus face in the first photo (she seems like a party cat to me).

3/4/08 9:22 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

KJ: Thanks and do you think I'm just a little obsessed with picture making?

Andrea and Casdok: She is a beautiful cat and I think she knows it. Do you think she also knows that she matches the carpet?

Ellen: I agree -- if only because it takes more than a couple of decades to really determine the worth of a piece of art. Think of music that you thought was genius in the '80s. How much of it has held up over the years?

3/4/08 10:06 a.m.  
Blogger Melody said...

What a beautiful cat.......oh, they really know the art of relaxation. Cool carpet....I have always liked purple.

3/4/08 4:29 p.m.  
Blogger merlinprincesse said...

The purple carpet makes a beautiful purple shadow on her face! Look at those whiskers! Those are whiskers of a princesse! Yes madame! :)

6/4/08 7:37 a.m.  
Blogger carla said...

She's such a pretty kitty. I guess I'm a crazy cat lady - I could look at cat pics any day!

7/4/08 2:35 a.m.  
Blogger dinahmow said...

Looks like Zulu wins this hand...

Art will always hold personal appeal for the discerning viewer. Unfortunately, many people are swayed by those who simply throw money about to be seen as big collectors/spenders/investors.I guess that's nice for the artists concerned, but it does tend towards the dumbing-down of quality work.

15/4/08 7:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home