Thursday, February 02, 2006

thursday challenge: group


I haven't participated in Thursday Challenge for awhile but this photo I took last week fits the theme of 'group' well.

The Osc ... er, BoBs are being awarded as I speak and I was tickled pink to come second in the art/photo/poetry blog category. Take a trip over to My Topography to congratulate Christina, and while you're at it visit the third place winner, John, at The Daily Exposure, as he takes some of the most fantastic photos I have ever seen. And if you visit BoB to check out the other great blogs, leave a kind word for the hard-working jurors.

This whole BoB thing begs the question "what kind of blog am I?" for more than just me. How would I describe my blog? It's definitely an art and photo blog (though my attempts at poetry are more than a little suspect), but I dip my toe in so many other areas: the ridiculous, the political, the personal. I guess it's best defined as "the world as seen through Andrea's peculiarly skewed viewfinder." Now there's a blog category that's unlikely to be added next year!

11 Comments:

Blogger Kathryn Thompson said...

It's strange to be categorized, eh? Congratulations. I'm so glad I found out about your site through les Bobs. We're just keeping our fingers crossed over here for a 3rd place finish.

2/2/06 4:27 p.m.  
Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

Second place is good. I'm happy for you.
The photo...it looks like a shot from the coffee shop where you were waiting to board the ferry. Nice shot...and good 'group'.

2/2/06 5:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Andrea. Second place is indeed good. In fact it's great!

2/2/06 9:45 p.m.  
Blogger kyknoord said...

Runner up, eh? Obviously all that time at the gym has borne fruit. Seriously though, congrats and you're very much my fab fav.

3/2/06 4:52 a.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

Well done in coming second!
And you do deserve a category of your own!

(And let's hope blogger keeps this version of my comment here...)

3/2/06 8:40 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

DYM: You should've won!

Brian: A+ for observational skills!

Nan: Thanks.

Kyknoord: Since you nominated me you wouldn't happen to be biased would you? :) Thank you for the fun ride. You can have my first-born male child now. (That's getting old, isn't it? OK then, take my soul.)

Caroline: Excellent idea. I'll approach Jim at the BoBs after this...

3/2/06 10:31 a.m.  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

Congratulations!!! I am thrilled for you. Hey, it is nice to be noticed and mentioned in any capacity let alone come in 2nd! I love your unique points of view!!!

3/2/06 11:05 a.m.  
Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said...

Congrats on the 2nd place. My money was on you to get 1st place, but you can't always get what you want. Still... well done!
I actually had a look at my blog archives today and my blog is so far removed from where I started out and where I envisioned it ending up.
I guess as with most things in life, one step kind of takes us to the next and we settle there where we are most comfortable and true to ourselves.

3/2/06 11:40 a.m.  
Blogger Calvin said...

Congrats, you are the bomb! :)

3/2/06 2:59 p.m.  
Blogger christina said...

Ha! I voted for you too. How funny. Seriously the BoBs don't mean half as much as having found yoru blog--and the inspiration it brings me. What I'm especially liking are all your process posts lately. I love to see how you create the beautiful work that you do!

5/2/06 5:14 p.m.  
Blogger Reluctant Nomad said...

Congratulations! But, of course, you should have come first.

You posted a comment on my blog about the four meme thing that disappeared as did my comment. Was it meant to disappear?

6/2/06 7:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home