Wednesday, October 12, 2005

the sound of my oars


the sound of my oars

This series, that started with such promise but has been dragged out or squeezed in when I haven't been pushed to do something else, has lost its steam. This last painting (which I quite like now) was a terrible struggle, trying to resolve compositional problems by using colour. By the end it was like working out a puzzle, which can be really challenging, but I think I need to take a break from it so I can return with a fresh eye. I actually have a couple of commissions on my plate (the more-popular landscapes) and I need to make some money, so that's next on the docket.

4 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

I like this one...the herringbone-effect on the right and the rough textured band near the bottom are especially exciting. That's wonderful that you have some commissions!

BTW... I'm tagging you :>

13/10/05 5:42 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautiful!! Love the color, texture and the composition!

14/10/05 8:24 a.m.  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW, I love this picture! This is FANTASTIC, Andrea! uLTRA COOL!

cAN i USE IT IN ONE OF THE zINES i'M EDITING, BloodrootZ? http://www.bloodrootz.bravehost.com/

Seriously, this is so cool! (you would retain your rights)

Or Silk Creek Review?
http://silkcreekreview.bravehost.com/art.html

Please contact me,

Mary

14/10/05 9:22 a.m.  
Blogger Aaron Paquette said...

Great image! This is really excellent, Andrea.

17/10/05 10:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home