Friday, March 13, 2009

birds and art marketing

dark-eyed juncopine siskinblack-capped chickadee
Here are a few more of the mini bird drawings I'm doing for the upcoming Wings Over the Rockies birding festival happening this May in Invermere, British Columbia.

I had an email from talk-show host, Seattle resident and former blogger (and cousin of a friend) Vicki St. Clair today, regarding a topic she will be addressing on her show this Monday. Vicki would like to find artists or those involved in selling art to...

...direct some questions on a show I am doing this coming Monday, March 16 on "The Artist as Entrepreneur".
I want to drive the conversation around questions that serious artists have about selling and marketing ... what are the big issues, roadblocks, challenges etc. I'll read any emails on the air and hopefully my guest has the answers!! Miriam Works is a gallery and artist consultant who helps people market themselves and their craft. She's extremely well known in this area and I actually went to one of her workshops several years ago and was very impressed. She works with a lot of artists on an individual level as well as at gallery level.

This could be really interesting so before Monday I'm going to try and figure out how to listen online! You can find out more here and email Vicki with questions here.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ian Lidster said...

Interesting indeed. Vicki is a talented lady of multi interests. Nice for you to link up with her on a topic near to your heart. May it go brilliantly.

13/3/09 4:09 p.m.  
Blogger Barbara said...

I'm intrigued - I'll be checking your blog to find out if you've learned how to listen on-line.

PS - thanks for your comment on my blog - I'm thrilled to have finished the eagle at long last.

14/3/09 1:02 a.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

I love that top bird picture tons!

I hope you get some good ideas from that show - its sounds right up your street!

14/3/09 8:05 a.m.  
Blogger nadine said...

More lovely little birds. Being a lover of "marks" your backgrounds are feeding my soul.
I'm trying to limit my blog reading to weekends but continue to lurk around :-)

16/3/09 6:50 a.m.  
Blogger Sheri said...

I love you birds paintings! Wonderful.

16/3/09 2:27 p.m.  
Blogger Hayden said...

sigh. your birds - your art - fills an important part of my soul.

thank you for posting them.

17/3/09 10:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home