Friday, December 12, 2008

wasting valuable blog time

I'm a meme dropout and my sporadic interest in Facebook means I ignore almost all games and applications. Such a party pooper. But I enjoyed doing the Great Fridge Blog Challenge two years ago, so after admiring the outside of my fridge last week I thought, what about the outside?

Clearly I'm not as organized outside the fridge as I am inside. Here you can see the de rigeur soccer and footy photos, theatre company rehearsal schedule (Adam is in Romeo and Juliet), the recycling and garbage schedule and assorted fridge magnets, but there are a few things actually worth looking at (click to enlarge):
Near the top:

A postcard of Hundertwasser toilets Dinahmow sent me from New Zealand. It's my favourite postcard ever; Hundertwasser is practically my favourite artist and the fact that he designed a public facility is just icing on the cake!

Near the bottom:

Moo In Agony photo. When Adam went on his band trip to Seattle last spring they visited the Experience Music Project. He named his 'band' and is the one striking the rock star pose.

Almost everywhere:

LOLmagnetz. I think I ordered these for Adam the day they were released. Some of the deeply philosophical sayings we've come up with (Adam being the champion LOLpoet):

y u taek mai diabeetus?

moar awsum flavr bukkit plz kthxbai

happy emo maded lazer show

dis interwebs liez!!!!!!

and my favourite:

ur doin it wrong wif ma frozen purrito

Anyone else wanna come out and play? If so, post your link in the comments.

12 Comments:

Blogger WithinWithout said...

HA!!! Finally, someone else has done a post on their fridge, inside or out!

Although I do believe yours is significantly more interesting and artistic than mine, A.

When are we going to see the INSIDE??

12/12/08 4:50 p.m.  
Blogger dinahmow said...

Woo hoo! A fridge with a picture of a public toilet! I think that tops a friend's freezer with the sticker warning: "TOXIC WASTE!"
I don't have stuff on my fridge, although, on the side I have magnets. I'll put them on my next post.

12/12/08 7:53 p.m.  
Blogger dinahmow said...

Can't find the mahnets to photograph, but I've posted the pithy lines.

13/12/08 4:04 a.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

post mai fridj?

ar u sure u want to c the munsters dat liv und de top?

13/12/08 6:55 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

WW: Too late. I already cleared out the science experiments!

Dinah: Thanks for playing!

Caro: Bring 'em on!

13/12/08 8:15 a.m.  
Blogger Angela Wales Rockett said...

LOL magnets! MUST HAVE!

13/12/08 10:10 a.m.  
Blogger Deborah Lambson said...

You have a great blog! ♥ I wanted to pass on the butterfly cool blog award to you.
Rules are simple..if you accept the award, post a link to my blog along with (some have been choosing 10, I chose 8)your choices of blogs that you admire.

~Deborah

13/12/08 12:51 p.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

Done:

http://caroslines.blogspot.com/2008/12/whats-on-outside-of-your-fridge.html

14/12/08 9:26 a.m.  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

I answered the question when Caroline posed it, but she said to let you know too... so here's my link..
http://greenishlady.blogspot.com/2008/12/feast-or-famine-my-fridge.html

14/12/08 11:31 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Thanks for playing! I'm off to visit now...

14/12/08 12:09 p.m.  
Blogger Alda said...

LOLmagnetz! That's genius. I have the regular old fridge poetry ones, must get me some of those lolz ... and confuse all my Icelandic guests. I can just see it now.

And incidentally, I'm glad you're a Facebook application shunner ... I hate being manipulated by those things but always feel vaguely guilty if I don't respond. At least I won't have to worry about you throwing a snowball at me or answering a question about my personal life. ;-)

16/12/08 3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Alda said...

Oh, and what are we playing? Post a pic of the outside of your fridge and explain what's on it?

16/12/08 3:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home