Tuesday, October 31, 2006

hallowe'en party

I seriously meant to do this last week, before the weekend's Hallowe'en parties, but life and work interfered, so plan B: a whole smorgasbord of Rudylinks to browse while doling out treats to the creeps tonight. Every Hallowe'en I find myself web browsing casually between doorbell rings because doing anything else is less interruption-friendly.

To keep the sequence of events correct, we will start with the best Hallowe'en invitation ever.

Now that you have a party to go to, check out the following clever DIY costume ideas: a bat, Wolverine with retractable claws, and a dirty hippie.

Of course there's always the purchase option, if you're a lazy git: potty humour, and more potty humour. This one isn't potty-related, but there's a definite phallic element to it.

If you think those are bad, you ain't seen nothin' yet. Are these Hallowe'en costumes?

But I've saved the best costumes for last; my favourite link of all is this collection of the worst Hallowe'en costumes of all time.

Party time! It's more than drinking Bloody Marys and fondling strangers ("But I thought you were my wife!") when you have bottomless pits and virtual holograms for entertainment.

Happy Hallowe'en!

10 Comments:

Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

That was totally fun. I can't believe how cheesy those costumes were..bleh!
OIn the other hand I am always amazed at how creative some Hallo'weiners' can get. Thank goodness that it isn't just for kids.
I think that the Wolverine guy is going to make some therapist a very rich man.
Luckily he isn't as infatuated with the Human Torch!!

31/10/06 10:56 a.m.  
Blogger justin said...

Happy Hallowe'en to you, Andrea.
I've just been catching up on all your news. I'm very sorry to hear about your dog -- I cried a lot when we had to put our Golden Labrador down a few years ago - she was very much part of our family... and I had to go out the vet's room when he put one of our cats to sleep - I was too upset.
I see from your other site that you've com of age - congratulations. Your paintings are gorgeous, as usual.

31/10/06 3:37 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy Halloween Andrea!
Hope the boys had a good time.

31/10/06 7:55 p.m.  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

I liked the part about fondling strangers...and I was a big fan of Welcome Back Kotter!

Forgive me. I worked tonight.

31/10/06 8:52 p.m.  
Blogger Bibi said...

This was cool ... thank you Andrea! I'm bummed though 'cos I specially stayed home for trick or treaters and have only had one. Now I HAVE to eat all the darned candy. ;-O

31/10/06 9:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never get invited to parties like that.

1/11/06 12:06 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

HE: I'm beginning to wonder if there shouldn't be a category in the DSM IV for guys like Wolverine man: Regressive Geek Disorder.

Justin: But Justin, that wasn't a trick *or* a treat. Well, maybe a treat.

Toni: #2 son did, but #1 son discovered what a drag it is to be just 14 and 6'1". No one thinks you're a kid any more, including your mother. :)

WW: Working is no excuse for liking Gabe Kaplan! (OK -- I admit that I did, too.)

Bibi: Ha! My solution to that age-old problem was to buy Hallowe'en candy I don't like! Then we had *way* more kids than previous years and ran out. There's no way to control these things, is there?

Kyknoord: You never get invited to parties like that because you refuse to reveal all about your Saturday night dates!

1/11/06 10:27 a.m.  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

I love you, you crazy Canadian, with your 'u' in 'colour' and your apostrophe in 'Hallowe'en.'

Going to catch up on your paintings, now. I've spent the last week or so looking through Arkansas galleries at the work of local artists (online, not in real life, of course, because real life is OUTSIDE), and I think you need a second home down here, or at least gallery representation here. Because, holy COW, are there some artists nowhere near your caliber getting P-A-I-D!

Feel free to use my address as cover.

1/11/06 9:15 p.m.  
Blogger Caroline said...

Glad we had a quiet few nights in...

:-)

2/11/06 2:38 a.m.  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Andrea, those costumes are the best!!

5/11/06 6:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home