Tuesday, July 26, 2005

under the surface


My first solo show opens today though the "reception" -- really a Saturday afternoon open house -- isn't until August 6th. I wasn't going to see how Pamela had hung the show until later this week, but I have to drive into town to see my GP today so will drop by on my way home. Though I felt as if I'd been strong-armed into painting this series early on I was really on a roll at the end. In some ways I wish I'd had more time to "get it right".

John pointed out that the paintings have a stained glass feel to them, which is fairly typical of my style, and decided to take the idea a step further and create this stained glass image of all the paintings in the series. Thanks, Johann!

4 Comments:

Blogger andy said...

Wow! That stained glass view really does have something going for it. The change of scale gives a whole different,fresh appearance and almost seems a unique work in its own right. Can I say this as a non-artist? ;-)

And good luck with the show!

26/7/05 8:24 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Thanks, Andy. I need all the votes of confidence I can get! As for being a non-artist, I already know you have an "eye", so it means a lot!

26/7/05 5:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best with the show, Andrea. I'm sure it will be a hit.
I'm a fan and although it may not mean much, know that you have at least one guy in your corner rooting for for you.

26/7/05 11:17 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

It means everything! You've generated an essay, Chitty, so see the next day.

27/7/05 7:16 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home