Wednesday, December 05, 2007

the lolinator

I wish I could say that I'd taken this photo, but I have an 8"x10" of it in my hot little hands anyway. Over here, when I was doing the draw for a print that eventually ended up on the Emerald Isle Darlene over at Daisies was also doing a print draw (photographic). Guess who was the lucky winner? Do visit Darlene's blog if you get a chance; her photography is beautiful and her writing inspired. Plus she's a much hardier soul than me, living in Edmonton in winter.

On the lighter side:

Something hilarious for fans of lolcat: have your blog translated by the lolinator "or, ah'm in yur webb site, re-writeen yur wurds! (RLY!)" (Thanks, Rudy.)

And since we're making a mockery of all things feline check this out.

Finally, these amazing images remind me of when I was teaching secondary art. One of the assignments I gave my students was to design a mechanical animal, either a cut-away view of its hi-tech 'guts' or the animal itself, re-designed as a machine. I did it as much for my own enjoyment as for pushing kids to think outside the box.

17 Comments:

Blogger Janets Planet said...

Cat wigs -- seriously? I like the business 101 quote "find a need and fill it". But I have got to wonder who needs cat wigs?

5/12/07 3:36 p.m.  
Blogger dinahmow said...

OK...so who wants to be brave enough to put a wig on Rusty? Hmm...didn't think so!

5/12/07 4:17 p.m.  
Blogger nadine said...

Is the ginger cat yours?! That photo is hysterical. What on earth is he doing????

5/12/07 6:08 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Jan: What?! Why EVERY cat needs a wig!

Dinah: Wimp! :)

Nadine: I wish! (Actaully, I've always wanted a ginger cat...)

5/12/07 6:23 p.m.  
Blogger dinahmow said...

I could lend you the Rusta-man. Then YOU could bewig him!

5/12/07 7:41 p.m.  
Blogger Alda said...

How do they get the cats to pose so calmly with those wigs on?? Mystery of the week.

Thanks for the lolinator link - hilarious!

6/12/07 3:46 a.m.  
Blogger Paula In Pinetop said...

Oh my gosh, those wigs are just wonderful. I've just sent the link to all my kitty friends.

Hey Andrea, thanks for the comments on "cute". I'm back in the studio, throwing caution to the wind !!!!

6/12/07 6:37 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Dinah: I think I'd need a stiff drink and a pair of Kryptonite gloves first.

Alda: Excellent drugs maybe? :)

Paula: Yay! Looking forward to the results.

6/12/07 11:41 a.m.  
Blogger Sandra Evertson said...

Great post, love the cat in the wig!
Lovely artwork!
Sandra Evertson

7/12/07 12:33 p.m.  
Blogger tlchang said...

I followed your lolcat links to CanIHasaCheezburger - which in my current completly-depleted state I found hysterical-laughter producing (you know, when you are so tired that reading the phone book incites giggles? Lolcats are way funnier than the phonebook). I think I totally freaked my daughter out - she's never seen me in hysterical giggle-fits before... Has banned me from the site until I am 'better'....

9/12/07 12:23 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Sandra: Thanks for visiting.

Tara: That's hilarious. On your say-so, I just followed that link and had to quit because I'm giggling away in the corner here and the rest of the house is still sleeping. Maybe I should go down to the basement...

9/12/07 7:41 a.m.  
Blogger Mademoiselle Princesse said...

Well! What is so funny with wearing a wig? MMMMMM?!?!?!?!?

9/12/07 2:13 p.m.  
Blogger Mademoiselle Princesse said...

By the way, there is a LOLCATS group on Flickr at this address:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/my_cool_pictures/2095841689/in/pool-lol_cats/

9/12/07 2:19 p.m.  
Blogger Mademoiselle Princesse said...

Oups.... THIS address...
http://www.flickr.com/groups/lol_cats/pool/

9/12/07 2:21 p.m.  
Blogger tongue in cheek said...

I laughed so loud when I saw your cat with a pink wig! It took me by surprise, at first I thought the woman had an interesting expression...then I realized it was a cat!
Clever you clever photo opt!

10/12/07 4:04 a.m.  
Blogger jafabrit said...

oh my! that cat in a pink wig is just hilarious.

11/12/07 5:15 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Mlle P: I knew you'd like this post! :)

Tongue in Cheek: My cat would NEVER allow me to be-wig her. But do check the link for more.

Jafa: My favourite is the blue one.

11/12/07 9:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home