Sunday, December 02, 2007

mememememe

I don't do memes. I enjoyed doing 'random things' memes when I started blogging but I totally ran out of gas after trying to come up with that many quirky facts. Yesterday, though, I was tagged again, and while visiting Murphy Girl to gracefully bow out (supposedly) I visited Willie Baronet's interpretation of the meme thing and loved how he tackled it. I think his obsession-with-death drawing is brilliant. Anyway, with the arrival of our first snowfall yesterday and being housebound I started doodling. I may be repeating a couple of things, but consider it a reworking of an old theme. Artistes do that you know.

1. I judge houses by their numbers and always check them out. Good houses have good number combinations and the two houses I've lived in longest had great combinations.

2. I love food of all kinds, though I admit I've never tried tripe or Rocky Mountain oysters. But eggs? Nope. Never have, never will.

3. At the age of 10, and the first time skiing, I broke my leg so badly I was in a cast for almost six months. It was on the rope tow of the bunny hill.

4. My obsession with fish skeletons is purely design driven. I don't collect them or anything (in spite of encouragement from my cat). But if anyone feels so inclined, I will gratefully accept donations of work from this artist.

5. As a kid I had to walk fairly long distances to and from school. Often I would choose a pebble and try and kick it the whole distance. Meantime I'd come up with a name and invent a complete lifetime of experiences for that lowly rock.

6. I am almost an idiot savant about phone numbers, often remembering them the moment I hear them and then never forgetting them. But I have always hated and avoided talking on the phone. And I think call display/caller ID is the best invention since the rotary dial.


7. I think peanut butter (the natural kind) is nature's perfect food. (My apologies to chocolate.)
Meme Instructions
When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you, then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself. At the end of the post you must tag and link to eight other people. (Yes, I cheated.)

22 Comments:

Blogger Alda said...

This is quite possibly the best meme I've ever read, Andrea. I LOVE IT. The pictures are brilliant. Thanks for brightening my evening!

2/12/07 3:32 p.m.  
Blogger tlchang said...

You may start a whole new meme rage - must be completed with doodles!

It's raining again today so our snow is almost gone. You?

2/12/07 3:48 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

yep you posted a good meme.
eggs? Wow I eat eggs all the time

2/12/07 8:16 p.m.  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

I love your doodles! I would do the meme if I could doodle like that. But perhaps I need to think of my own unique signature... hmmmm...

3/12/07 7:28 a.m.  
Blogger Angela Wales Rockett said...

This is great, Andrea! I love the stories and the doodles. I'm feeling the need to take a bit of a break on this rainy, rainy day, and doodling sounds like a good way to do that.

3/12/07 8:51 a.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Alda: And thanks for brightening my morning!

Tara: It's raining so hard after the snowfall that we're on flood watch here. You'll have to do the meme *after* your previous commitments.

Toni: You and 99% of the world.

Heather: Would love to see what you come up with.

Angela: Glad I could be of assistance. Sharing please.

3/12/07 9:09 a.m.  
Blogger Peyton said...

Peanut butter?????? YUCH!!!! ( A Welsh expression!)

3/12/07 10:05 a.m.  
Blogger Ian Lidster said...

Natural PB! Absolutely. Can never let a day go by without it. Was what I missed most in Europe. Had to do with a jar of Skippy or somesuch I found in an out of the way grocery in Grenoble. Better than nothing, but not by a lot.
Phone number savant, eh. I remember my childhood phone number: Dexter 3954Y. We were on a party line with 3 other families.

3/12/07 2:22 p.m.  
Blogger Merisi said...

30
19
24
5006
9417
to name just a few of "my" numbers.
They were all good homes (mentioning just in case you'd ever want to know *g*).
Who was the genius who invented peanut butter cups? (And why are they not available in Vienna???)

4/12/07 7:49 a.m.  
Blogger Zig said...

how do you what a good number combination is????
What makes one good or for that matter bad?

now worried in case I live in a bad number :(

4/12/07 9:17 a.m.  
Blogger Janets Planet said...

I like this approach to the meme.

4/12/07 11:14 a.m.  
Blogger nadine said...

Love these :-)
No eggs? Is it just eggs on a plate a la scrambled eggs? How about if they are baked in say, a cake? I love your fish. Not often a skeleton will make me smile, but this little guy is just whimsy in bones.

4/12/07 2:20 p.m.  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

I don't do memes either. I do mimes, and maims (no, cross that out), but not memes.

Usually.

4/12/07 7:07 p.m.  
Blogger Shadow said...

love your meme!

4/12/07 10:40 p.m.  
Blogger Heather said...

Great Meme, loved the illustrations too.

5/12/07 3:14 a.m.  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

An idiot savant?
Sally Dibbs, Dibbs Sally. 461-0192

Does that mean that you're a very good driver and that you're definitely not wearing underwear?
5 minutes to Wapner...

5/12/07 6:42 a.m.  
Blogger dinahmow said...

For you, it's eggs.Me? Peanut ergghh! butter!
(I could say it in Welsh, but someone might translate!)

5/12/07 11:39 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Andrea, just wanted to pop over and let you know I have included you in my blog list of fave blogs and hope this meets with your approval, if you don't want to be included just let me know ; ) December greetings to you and yours!

5/12/07 1:31 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Peter: Yeah -- I had a hard time finding it when I lived in London!

Ian: My husband's grandmother (still kicking at 97!) had a party line and a rotary dial phone up until the late '90s when the technology simply no longer applied and they made her change it.

Merisi: Mentally filed away under "Andrea's house number feng shui."

Ziggi: It's all in the eye of the beholder. In my case I like patterns (current number: 8636). Can't you see it in my art? :)

Jan, Shadow and HMBT: THanks.

Nadine: that's right: eggs as eggs with all that -- uh -- egg flaour. I eat eggs if they're even slightly disguised, like in a spicy omelette full of other ingredients.

WW: But I want to see you do them wearing a muumuu while mooning (OK, I kniw that's a HUGE stretch -- at least I tried...).

HE: That's right. I'm the female version of Forest Gump without his superior fashion sense.

Dinah: Oh you down-under-and-across-the-ponders. Next you'll be telling me vegemite is a food group all on its own.

Ms Kite: Thank you -- and to you and yours also.

5/12/07 2:18 p.m.  
Blogger Susan Schwake said...

yes, you rock. so hard. and #5 is the sweetest story i have ever heard about rocks. #6 is me all over.
can we talk? eesh. i am not kidding.

6/12/07 7:50 p.m.  
Blogger andrea said...

Susan: Hee hee. This was fun, I must admit. I should add illustrations to all my posts that are anecdotal.

7/12/07 8:35 a.m.  
Blogger murphy girl said...

andrea, this is so amazing, i'm totally in love with your drawings! and such great anecdotes! i'm afraid mine are quite boring compared to yours! i agree with the numbers, i also have days of the week, months and moon cycles tied up with numbers (my ultimate: october 29th, thursday, with a full moon. heaven!). thanks for doing the meme, you've brightened my day! also love your little things!

9/12/07 8:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home